This blog...

...was initially for pieces done on a computer, but has since become a free-for-all. Here you'll find process work (digital and otherwise), sketch pages and studies, sometimes with commentary.

You can see the rest of my work here.

Remember kids : if you can't make pretty designs, at least make pretty lines!

-Paul

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Fellini's Faces pt. 7

In honor of my impending birthday, Nick Southam gifted me with a *pocket knife* and, rather than stabbing me repeatedly like I thought he would, proceeded to show me how to sharpen pencils like a Man (TM). I'll never use a conventional pencil sharpener again.  The irregular, chisel tip you get from whittling (or sanding) is unbeatable.  Super thin and super thick in one instrument, like the calligraphy pens I like.  Compare with the conventional, pointed-tip stroke, as represented by the woman with the round hair.

No comments: