This blog...

...was initially for pieces done on a computer, but has since become a free-for-all. Here you'll find process work (digital and otherwise), sketch pages and studies, sometimes with commentary.

You can see the rest of my work here.

Remember kids : if you can't make pretty designs, at least make pretty lines!

-Paul

Sunday, February 13, 2011

This week's page...

...contains some photograph studies, the usual smattering of deeeemoooonz, and a bust of one of Kiguri's characters.  (Full shot coming soon!)


I'm now part of the unofficial Blizzard art blog Just Make It Cool, doing 30 minute lunch exercises with the guys.  We'll see how long this lasts...

And hey, wow, Hai Phan did this awesome sculpt based on one of my rejected Darksiders concepts!  Rookie 3D artists take note : Hai did this from a black and white three quarter line drawing no more detailed than the one above, proving once and for all that baller modelers don't need nicely rendered paintings and orthos to do quality shit.  *tips hat to Hai*

Random awkward interaction of the week : I was at a grocery store, ringing up a sandwich and a drink before lifedrawing.  The total came to $6.66.

Me : Well that doesn't bode well.
Cashier : Excuse me?
Me : That doesn't bode well.
Cashier : What doesn't?
Me : The total.
Cashier : Why?
Me : 666?  Number of the beast?  Satan?
Cashier (who is at least 40 years old) : I've never heard anyone say that.
Me : ...


<---more head studies

8 comments:

Christopher D White - Game Artist said...

Should've just grabbed yer sammich and drink and hissed and ran out the store on all fours with the bag tightly clenched in the teeth.

Paul Richards said...

Man, I can never think of something clever like that in the moment. I just walked out of the store with my little plastic baggie, feeling incredibly out of place.

Orangee said...

I guess, opening Hell Gate with help of the little plastic bag and the wonderful total would be more impressive ) "muahaha foolish mortal! thenks for help!"

Paul Richards said...

Imagine how dejected I'd be if I were actually The Devil Himself. "Ah man, seriously? No one's heard of me?" *eats sandwich alone on a swingset*

Kiguri said...

Ohmuh goott
It's not just about the badass 666 number mentioned in this post I get Kayne by muh god and SHITLOAD OF HOT GUYS FAPFPAFPAFPAPFPAFPAFPAPFPFA MY DDAAY IS MADE ARGHHHAAH HOTGUYS

Paul Richards said...

Happy Valentines Day, love <3

GOGOPEDRO said...

Great stuff... You're mighty productive... its certainly keeps me hustling with my workflow...
Brilliant demon drawings..

Gene said...

Weird, and maybe I'm just imagining it, but that top middle head study kind of looks like me.