This blog...

...was initially for pieces done on a computer, but has since become a free-for-all. Here you'll find process work (digital and otherwise), sketch pages and studies, sometimes with commentary.

You can see the rest of my work here.

Remember kids : if you can't make pretty designs, at least make pretty lines!

-Paul

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Necronomicook - mask-out



Foreground on the beautyshot still needs a lot of figuring out (note : slap in CG hub logo first! / more activity on the ground -- People should be scurrying in droves!), but I've got a lot of the dull selection/cleanup work done, which should allow me to just focus on making the interior bits kick ass.

-I'm thinking the smoke on the beauty shot will be handled with a brush of some kind.
-Concerned about making the waffle iron foreground foot read...
-Will be making another file for the center text and all the little captions.

Once I'm crystal clear on all the design elements (which is something I usually brush past foolishly), I'll do a directional light pass, giving me some quick volume. Can't wait to do that, as this is the stage where things begin to pop. It's all been pretty flat so far...

No comments: